What is a company audit?
A company audit is an inspection conducted by the Polish tax authority. During this inspection, the authority requires various information from you, such as Amazon VAT reports. A list of the most commonly requested data/documents can be found further below. The documents are usually requested step by step. However, the deadlines are often very tight and delayed submission comes with a high risk.
What risks does a company audit involve?
If requested documents can't be submitted in time, high fines can be charged.
How long does a company audit take?
A company audit typically lasts several months. We're unable to say how long exactly, since every company audit is different. The duration of a company audit varies significantly depending on the audit areas of the tax authority and the volume of the requested data.
Can Taxdoo oversee my company audit for me?
We'll be glad to handle overseeing your company audit together with our partners on location. Oversight includes all communication with the Polish tax authority. We'll promptly notify you which information is needed and where it can be found. Of course, we are also always available to answer any of your questions that arise during the company audit.
A company audit involves a lot of work for us and our partners. For this reason, we charge a lump sum of EUR 1,500 for this service.
We can also oversee your company audit if your Polish power of attorney has not yet been issued to our partners. To this end, you simply need to sign a special power of attorney which we'll send you after you order this service.
Which documents do I need to provide to the Polish tax authority and where can I obtain them?
This differs from case to case. In our experience, the Polish tax authority asks for information piece by piece. Each information request is usually subject to a very tight deadline. To minimise the risk of submitting information late (e.g. due to a delayed response from partners like Amazon), we have prepared a list of the most commonly requested documents. In order to comply with any deadlines, we kindly ask that you provide us with the listed documents as quickly as possible. We'll then submit them promptly to the tax authority upon request.
However, after submitting the information and documents, the tax authority may make further demands, which can vary depending on the individual case (e.g. evidence of movements).
Here's an overview of the documents and information typically requested in our experience:
- The VAT-7 tax returns for the audited period, if your previous provider submitted these.
- VAT register for the audited period, if your previous provider submitted this.
- A detailed description of the company activities in Poland with a description of the course of the transactions.
- Do you have employees in Poland? If yes, the contracts are required.
- Do you conduct online sales? If yes, which Internet platforms are used, and are the transactions subject to tax in Poland? In this case, please let us know the sales channel and the account name and the name of the website.
- Do you conduct drop-shipping or commission business?
- Do you have business premises or offices in Poland?
- Do you work with other related persons with whom capital or personal connections exist? If yes, the tax authority requests information on these persons as well as the nature of the connections.
- Do you own or rent warehouses in Poland?
- Have you been issued binding information? If yes, the tax authority requests submission of this information.
- Contracts on sales and purchases translated into Polish, if written contracts have been concluded in Poland.
- All bank statements for the audited period that are associated with the performed activity.
- Information on the subject of sales and purchase invoices.
- Do you purchase services subject to tax in Poland? If yes, the contracts are required.
- The settlements with Amazon for the audited period.
- All Amazon VAT transaction reports in Excel format for the audited period.
- To access these, please proceed as follows in Amazon Seller Central: "Reports" > "Fulfilment by Amazon reports" > "tax → Amazon VAT transactions report"
My company audit has finished and I am not sure if the result is right.
We'll be glad to examine the result of your company audit with our partners if we have also overseen the audit. Our partners will check any opportunity to reduce an existing tax burden and contact the Polish tax authority in this regard.
If we did not oversee your company audit, we're unfortunately unable to check whether the result is correct. The work involved in this case would not be covered by the costs incurred and we would not be able to guarantee that we could examine the entire company audit in time.