As of 1 January 2020, each tax payer has their own account with an individual IBAN in Poland in which all payments must be made. We've summarised additional information for you in another article (link).
Please follow these steps to determine your personal IBAN:
1. Look up your Polish tax number (NIP)
To determine the IBAN, you'll need your Polish tax number (known as the NIP). The NIP is identical to your VAT ID no. in Poland, but without the prefix "PL".
- Your VAT ID no. in Poland is: PL1234567890
- Your NIP is: 1234567890
2. Enter your NIP into the calculator of the Polish tax authority
- Use the following official link of the Polish tax authority: https://www.podatki.gov.pl/generator-mikrorachunku-podatkowego.
- Choose the setting "NIP" and enter your NIP in the field next to it:
- Click on "Generuj". Your IBAN will now be displayed underneath.
You can now use this IBAN for your transfers to Poland.