As a rule of thumb, we assume that a registration abroad takes around 8 to 12 weeks – starting from when we receive your completed documents.
In these 8 to 12 weeks, the following things happen with your documents, for example:
- We send the documents to our respective partners by express post.
- Your documents may be translated into the relevant country's language.
- Our partners will take one last look at the documents.
- All documents are collected and sent to the local tax authority.
- The tax authority processes the documents and issues a VAT identification number after completing the process.
You should also allow for some time for our information requests and the preparation of forms in advance. However, you can generally speed up the process yourself by always responding to our messages in a prompt manner.
Moreover, you can track the progress of your registration. Its status is updated daily. You can find an article about this here.